Northwest Washington Woodturners was founded to provide an educational and social support for woodturners of all skill levels in the Northwest Washington region. As a chapter of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW), the NWW can offer classes and participate in public events since AAW provides insurance to its chapters. However, participating turners must also be members of AAW, so NWW encourages you to consider joining AAW.
Our goals are:
- To provide a forum for people of all skill levels to exchange knowledge, ideas, and information about woodturning.
- To emphasize safe practices in woodturning.
- To encourage creativity and the exploration of various methods and techniques for advancing woodturning as both a functional craft and an art form.
- To provide exposure of the art and craft of woodturning to the outside community.
- To have fun and meet new people with a common interest.
Feel free to come to a meeting to see what we’re all about. Continue to the Membership page to learn how to join, or contact us if you have questions.